Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Another "Reply to All" Tragedy

I recently got this email as part of a professional sports medicine society via their listserv. It is read by almost all of the primary care sports medicine doctors in the country.

I am sure that the sender had no intention to send it to everyone but that is what happens when you are careless. Look how he throws a resident, a program and one of his attendingsunder the bus. I assume the guy is a resident or a fellow.

hey veronica....check this guy out....he will be interviewing with us this year....i wasnt a big fan of the guy when he interviewed here for our family med program...then ditched us for a retarded program at middlesex....and for some strange reason wanted to do sports med here.anyway, doesnt this guy sound pompous in this reply on the list serv??
no wonder dr. anderson really likes the guy

Regards,
Philippe

Imagine his surprise when he realized that he had sent this to all of his professional colleagues. Ouch!!! Let this be a reminder to us all to take a second and look at who is in the "To:" box before we send emails.

8 comments:

JDL said...

if I had a million dollars for every accidental reply to all from my Dell days, I would be unemployed by choice.

i laughed every time someone started a pissing contest over e-mail. Andrew would always win though. it was a sign of things to come.

Andrew said...

"pissing contest over e-mail"?

Explain.

JDL said...

You say things over e-mail that you wouldn't have the stones to say in person.

Andrew said...

Wait. Have I sent you an inappropriate e-mail recently?

Remind me what we're talking about.

DVD said...

How about pissing contests on blog comments? Those are fun too.

This is a dangerous post, Aaron. I recently laughed at a reply to all idiot then promptly sent one! (with no damaging info, fortunately)

JDL said...

When I said "you" I meant the collective you. Not specifically you andrew. Forgive me, as I am not a English department chairman.

Andrew said...

Oh, now I see. The "Andrew would" in your original post was not past progressive, it was hypothetical.

Stupid dangling participles.

Aaron, I apologize for using the phrase "dangling participles" on your blog. I can assure you it is not something dirty.

JDL said...

Yes. 'twas a reference to your future dominance in all forms of pissing contests.