Thursday, September 4, 2008

October in August

This year the date was August 29th. That was the day that my lips tasted the lovely spices of the Fall. It was my first Octoberfest seasonal brew. We were at Beks in Fulton, Mo. and I didn't believe it at first when I saw it was their beer of the day.



Other than the amazing taste, I think it also signifies the changing of seasons to me. Summer quickly turning into fall as the weather cools and leafs change. Baseball pennant races are tightening and the post-season is nearing. Television is quickly being overrun by football most of the week.

Quick Octoberfest (or Oktoberfest) facts:

It is actually celebrated in September

The largest selling Octoberfest beer in the world is not German but the Sam Adams Seasonal Brew

2 comments:

LaurieJo said...

Beks, Beks, Beks! I can't wait to get an evening and actually try out this place!

Anna Casey said...

Who's bringing the Octoberfest to the next Timbaz partay?

Oh, wait, not on the diet, damn it!