Thursday, September 25, 2008

Time for Another Adventure Race

Starting in the dark of the morning this Saturday (Sept. 27th) I start the Berryman Adventure Race for the 3rd time.  Now I am much wiser than I used to be and I am only doing the 12 hour race.  For those of you who aren't familiar with adventure racing here is a quick primer.  But basically we are going to be hiking, mountain biking and canoeing for up to 12 hours with a map and compass as our guide.  As always I will be representing the Headhunters Intramural and Adventure Racing Organization.

For anyone who wants to track our progress or send us a message on the course check out Checkpoint Tracker where they have a page dedicated to the race.  I think that we are either going to have GPS unit to track our progress or they will record our times at each checkpoint.  But somehow you will be able to follow our progress from the comfort of your living room while I am eating Cliff Bars and sweating profusely in the woods of southeastern Missouri.

I would love to have the most messages of any of the teams so send Team Headhunter your jokes or words of encouragement on Saturday.

5 comments:

Andrew said...

Didn't you see a unicorn the first time you did this?

LaurieJo said...

Good luck, Aaron. We'll have a Timbers Court watch party. Well, it will be a birthday party actually, but we'll watch your progress anyway!

JDL said...

I thought it was the marshmallow man from Ghostbusters

Jenny said...

I thought that it was somebody on a bike with a pumpkin head? At least that is how I tell the story anyway.

Glad you made it through in one piece but I will follow through with your request to NEVER let you do another 36 hour race. miss you.

Aaron said...

Very sore this morning but back in one piece. I didn't know I even had lots of the muscles in my lower back until they started aching so much this morning. Canoeing uses some weird muscles when you don't have one of your hands holding a beer.