Monday, October 20, 2008

Paging Carl Spackler



So I have been battling a mole problem in my front yard this summer but over the past few weeks that must have reproduced because they are everywhere.  They won't dare go into the back yard because Macy would give them the business if she found them.  I have tried the little mole pellets but they didn't work.  I don't know what to do next and was wondering if anyone had any good experiences with other weapons of mole destruction.

I might have to start using this guy's tactics if this other stuff doesn't work.

5 comments:

Andrew said...

I heard Juicy Fruit gum does the trick. I know that sounds like a joke, but I really heard that once.

Anna Casey said...

They don't come in our yard either, I don't think they like our kids. Or, we've sprayed the yard for bugs a couple times this summer so there may not be as much to eat over here.

While I would love to catch you on camera creeping around your yard in camo, it might just be time to hire the infamous mole man, he's 100%, every time.

The Nunley said...

Bombs...My parents used them when they had a problem and Let Macy loose on them. My dog caught one once and their fur is soft!

Kevin said...

Buy a fox. Don't try the smoke trick, it doesn't work. I saw it on a documentary.

I'm not sure how to get rid of the fox after you're done with it. Post back then.

MJS said...

Ditto on Andrew's comments. Another option - favored by my father - wake up early in the morning with a shovel and follow them as they dig new tunnels, dig them up, and blugen them over the head with the shovel.*

* not for the feint of heart.